Another year has passed, time goes so fast with so little change to myself. Whether finished or not, new year resolution needs to be written. It can make your future more clear, and let you understand more about what happens last year.
First take a look at last year, what I’ve done or not done:
- Tech: Have some archivement, finish nothing in the plan.
- Job: Major change, it take chances to get a good job.
- English: Stalled, it is hard to continue learning without purpose.
- Health: Got some muscle in the first half of the year, stalled later.
- Mate: I’m got lucky.
- Piano: Leak of time and money, had to drop it for now.
Not done well, issues:
- Didn’t review the objectives. forget them.
- Have objective, didn’t implement them.
- Have a plan, always delay it.
I need take care of this issues for next year.
What is happened at 2014
- I was working at Hospital of Shangrao IT department, All the computer & network related stuff. It does not fit for me totally, the only reason I take it is because I need a identity in Shangrao for get a decent date. It turns out that it’s not working, so I quit it latterly.
- I join to organize 三清媚青年汇, take part in several big event, and lots of small ones. Because it has no strong purpose and outcome, This organization goes no further.
- In the later half of the year, I found an remote coding job, it is need recruit now.
- I met my girlfriend, and this relationship is advancing very well.
- I developed an notice system when I work at the hospital, it use node-webkit, can auto-update itself.
- I create a demo website for learning rails.
- Finish reading a algorithm book, know something about algorithm.
- Finish reading Understanding Cryptography, got some basic knowlege about this domain.
- Read lots of document about protocols, like ftp，pptp，l2tp，ssh，SSL.
- Dig deeper on Rails, read Gem source code, start reading Rails source code.
- Learn how to create single page complex static website, using middleman/haml/sass/spine/coffeescript.
Looks like I learned a lot, actually I can do better, time speeding is not in good effect.
- Gain some muscle.
- Stalled at the second half of the year.
- Join a gym, hope not waste my money.
- Visit lots of place in Shangrao as an event organizor.
- Drive around all the districts in Shangrao downtown.
- Go to Shanghai in the March for join ruby monthly meeting, and 上海暴走团 event.
- Go to Shanghai in the August for join ruby monthly meeting, and 上海暴走团 event.
- Go to Beijing in the October for join ruby yearly meeting, visit lots of place in Beijing.
It is good to join the events out of my city, after eveluated.
I have had good days in 2014, mostly. Got some archivement both in career and life. It is unexpected at the beginning of 2014, but is reasonable because of the previous effort. In 2014, I was not studing/working/thinking hard enough, may have bad result in the future if I’m doing the same way. Got more resposibility now, hard to keep on with the same speed, and left back from others already. 2015 is the last year before I’m 30, hope I can do better.
Plan for the next year
In the long run, I hope I can be a international level programmer, have a good life, got enough money to speed even when I’m not working. For archive that, I need got some progress this year about life, work, and cash flow. What I want to be done:
- Keep learning: finish reading rails source code, keep learning things about network, linux, frontend.
- Find a tech direction, and dig deeper.
- Prepare the wedding.
- Read more books.
- Improving English, both oral and writing.
- Keeping healthy and fit.
- Connect with the local community.
- Keeping connection with great people online.